Education: State University of New York at New Paltz, New Paltz, N.Y., Journalism. GPA 3.30/4.00 Bachelor’s of Arts Cum Laude, May 2006, Dean’s list every semester.
Senior Coordinator for MiLB Digital Platforms and Operations, Major League Baseball, New York, NY, April 2007 – present
● Served MLB as a writer, photographer and editorial producer covering Minor League Baseball from around the nation, primarily for MiLB.com, MLB.com and its 30 Major League team websites.
● Photography: Cover Major League games (Yankees, Mets, Phillies), 2008 XM All-Star Futures Game at Yankee Stadium, 2013 All-Star Futures Game at Citi Field, Major League Spring Training in Florida, New York-Penn, SAL, International League and Eastern League All-Star Games, various on-location stories on Roger Clemens, Phil Hughes, Pedro Martinez, Ryan Howard, Derek Jeter, etc. Game action and feature photography. Minor League playoffs, All-Star Games, MLB All-Star Weekend in Manhattan. Army-Notre Dame football at Yankee Stadium (PinstripeBowl.com), Army-Rutgers and Army-UConn at Yankee Stadium. Also oversee photo staff of contributors around the nation, scheduling coverage and editorial needs.
● Reporting: Responsibilities include interviews with players, managers, Major League front office officials, writing game stories, features, yearly reports, Q&A’s, breaking news, notebooks, roundups.
● Editing: Editing feature stories, press releases, creating photo galleries, editing news and multimedia content (images, media wall content, etc). Producing news (editing copy, photos, headlines, captions, related audio/video links, publishing to news indexes).
● MiLB Digital Platforms and Operations: Training Minor League Baseball clubs and staff in operating and maintaining team and league websites. Training consists of Zoom and phone sessions, graphics, creating news stories, pages, updating web ads, links etc. Also responsible for processing team newsletters, polls, vanity URLs, troubleshooting web issues.
● Social media: Helped build strong presence for MiLB’s official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. Provides support to fans on social.
● Design: I have designed many graphics and photo illustrations for editorial use on both MiLB.com and MLB.com.
Photographer, USA TODAY Sports Images (formerly US Presswire), September 2011 – present
● Contributing photographer primary covering Army football and the New York Rangers. Images published by the New York Times, The Washington Post, The Athletic, ESPN, USA Today, ESPN the Magazine, Chicago Tribune, Journal News, SB Nation, Bleacher Report, CBS Sports, FOX Sports, Comcast Sports, Scout.com, etc. Coverage has included NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, WNBA, NCAA Division 1 football, basketball and hockey. Notable assignments include the NHL Winter Classic, MLB postseason and NBA playoffs.
Photographer, New York/New Jersey regional columnist, CBS Sports/MaxPreps.com, a partner of Sports Illustrated, April 2007 – present
● Photos published by Sports Illustrated, CBSSports.com and MaxPreps.com
● Professional high school sports photography and weekly notebook columns for America’s premier high school athletics website.
Army football photographer, United States Military Academy at West Point, Sept. 2009 – present
● Photographer for the U.S. Military Academy’s athletic department, primarily covering Army football, including the Armed Forces Bowl in Dallas, Texas (2010, 2017, 2018), Heart of Dallas Bowl (2016) and White House visit (2018). Photos for Army football, ice hockey, baseball, lacrosse and basketball programs published on goarmywestpoint.com, in gameday programs and media guides, in facilities at West Point including Michie Stadium, Christl Arena, Tate Rink and Foley Athletic Center, multiple Army-Navy football programs, 2010 Armed Forces Bowl gameday program, football ticket art, official Army football team equipment truck, Army equipment room, weight rooms and locker rooms.
● Contributed candid action and portrait photography for the book “Mission First” chronicling figures who have impacted athletics at West Point.
● Images featured in 2012 book “Soldiers First: Duty, Honor, Country, and Football at West Point” about Army football by author Joe Drape
● West Point photography published by the New York Times, the New York Daily News, ESPN.com, USAA/Army-Navy game program, national USA Today ad campaign via Getty Images, GoBlackKnights.com, ArmyNavyGame.com, West Point Association of Graduates (AOG), USMA.edu, various U.S. Military Academy publications, the Patriot League (NCAA) and the Syracuse Post-Standard.
Freelance Sports Reporter, The Poughkeepsie Journal, Poughkeepsie, NY, January 2006 – 2007
● Writing and photography of sports news, sports features and various high school and collegiate athletics at New York’s oldest newspaper.
● Spring-semester internship at the PoJo during final year of college.
Web designer & staff photographer, Office of Public Affairs, SUNY New Paltz, New Paltz, NY, May 2006 – 2010
● Published in numerous publications, worked on various web and print publications.
● Photographed events, news, and portraits for ‘Faces of New Paltz’ web feature. Worked on campus tours, virtual tours, Web site design and updates. Several cover photos on various magazines and newsletters.
● Served as on-call photographer.
Sports Editor, The New Paltz Oracle, SUNY New Paltz, New Paltz, NY, January 2002 – May 2006
● Responsibilities included writing stories, editing, assigning stories to staff writers, managing staff and contributing writers, newspaper layout and design, photography, photo editing, and reporting sports for official student newspaper.
● Covered SUNY New Paltz Athletics, SUNY Athletic Conference, NCAA D-III athletics, club sports, professional and collegiate sports, local news and A&E.
Team Photographer, Hudson Valley Renegades, Fishkill, NY, June 2005 – 2007
● Team photographer of the Hudson Valley Renegades, a Class A Minor League affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays.
● Designed/produced the 2006 and 2007 team Media Guides. Designed dozens of ads for game-day programs and scoreboard announcements.
● Covered games, concerts and events at Dutchess Stadium. Contributed game stories and feature stories to team website.
● Took photos for the Renegades and Rays print publications and official team websites.
● Photos published by the Tampa Bay Rays and Pitch-for-Kids charitable foundation.
Radio Host of ‘GameTime,’ 88.7 FM The Edge, SUNY New Paltz campus radio, New Paltz, NY, 2003 – 2005
● Member of a weekly sports talk radio show for three years in the Hudson Valley.
Public Address Announcer, SUNY New Paltz Dept. of Athletics Sports Information, New Paltz, NY, 2002-2006
● Public Address Announcer for the Department of Athletics / Sports Information, statistician; recorded official NCAA statistics.
● I have been published by MLB.com, Sports Illustrated, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Reuters, ESPN (College Football primetime), ESPN.com, CBSSports.com, the United States Military Academy at West Point, the New York Post, Baseball America, SNY, MLB Network/MLB Productions, The Journal News, the Brooklyn Daily Eagle, MaxPreps.com, Minor League Baseball, the Tampa Bay Rays, the Tampa Tribune, the Hudson Valley Renegades, The Poughkeepsie Journal, The New York-Penn League, the Brooklyn Heights Press, the Wallkill Valley Times, the New Paltz Oracle, Observer Magazine, SUNY New Paltz, News Pulse, the New Paltz Times, 1800beisbol.com, Westchester/Rockland Wood Bat League, Catskill Mountain Region Guide, Pitch-for-Kids Foundation, USABaseball.com, SUNY New Paltz Athletics, the U.S. Naval Academy and every Major League Baseball team website.
● I designed and maintain an online portfolio of some of my writing, photography and design and a blog at www.dannywild.com
Resident Assistant, Esopus Hall, SUNY New Paltz Department of Residence Life, New Paltz, NY, 2004 – 2006
● Resident Assistant (RA) for two years in Esopus Hall. Responsibilities included developing a positive, safe and enjoyable community within my two floors of co-ed residents.
● Sitting duty at night, enforcing college policy, doing hourly rounds of the building and organizing and presenting programs for residents in the hall. Monthly educational bulletin boards. Resident mailboxes, office supplies, weekly meetings, annual training.
● Staff Treasurer, managing the RA staff budget with Campus Auxiliary Services; offered campus and residential tours.
Resident Mentor, Esopus Hall, SUNY New Paltz Department of Residence Life, New Paltz, NY, 2003 – 2004
● Resident Mentor (RM) for one year in Esopus Hall. Responsibilities included organizing programs for the First Year Initiative Program producing monthly newsletters and educational bulletin boards.
● Organized Community Service project for the first-year students, which included a food drive for local town residents.
Assistant Manager, Palisades Center Ice Rink, West Nyack, NY, 2002 – 2007
● Responsibilities included organization of parties and events, financial contracts for teams, rink maintenance, helping customers with skate rental, print publications, skate sharpening as well as driving the Zamboni.
● Beyond the Boys of Summer; Professor Roger Kahn
● Media Ethics; Professor Howard Good
● Copyediting and Design; Professor Carrie Jacobson
● Photojournalism; Professor Joan Barker
● Varied knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator; Word, Photo Mechanic, Windows and Mac OS